11.04.2013

Weekly Wishes #12


This Weekly Wishes post will be a place for me to share my goals for the week. Hopefully blogging about them will help them to actually happen!
This week's photo theme is "Warmth" so I chose a photo that was taken yesterday of me with my godson after his baptism. His family was so nice to me and so thankful that I am going to be in his life - and so am I! So rather than the temperature warmth, I went with the affection/kindness warmth (though before this picture was taken I was definitely just planning to go to Starbucks for a red cup). 


Last week I wanted to: Do my aspiration statement. I did this! And I did my resume, and I did almost every other task that I have to do right now for Peace Corps. I procrastinated, but one night just sat down and did a bunch of stuff and felt really accomplished. 
Work on some more Everyday Happy. You guys, I am fully caught up. How crazy is that? I can't believe we only have a week left. I'm going to miss this course so much! Is that weird?  
Get a gift for my godson. I did this too! I got him a card (of course), a toy, and a cross to hang on his wall. 
Make my Christmas card list! I made a rough list and decided that was good enough! Look at all the things I accomplished, guys. How awesome am I?! 


This week I want to: Do some exercise. Nothing toooo crazy, just a bike ride or two or a walk with Lilo or something. Maybe a yoga video if I'm feeling ambitious, ha! 
Learn something. I miss taking classes where I would actually LEARN things. Yes, I'm sure I'm currently learning life lessons or something but what I really want to know is stuff like: There are 62,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body. How cool is that? I've gotten a few, but do you guys have any more recommendations for ways to learn new things?
Look at some language resources. I know, learning a language would be learning something. But these things are separate in my mind. I have to learn Romanian now, so I should probably at least glance at some of the websites they sent me about that. 

Wish me luck on my goals this week, and I hope you accomplish yours too! Don't forget to link up to Melyssa at The Nectar Collective to share with everyone else!

The Nectar Collective

5 comments:

  1. Great goals! I agree with you on wanting to keep learning interesting things! I wrote a blog post on my favorite way to keep learning here: http://mypassionjourney.com/ideas-worth-spreading/
    Spoiler Alert: It's all my favorite TED talks. If you haven't checked these out already, do it- it's every lifelong learner's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love TED talks! And I don't watch nearly enough of them. I am definitely going to be checking out some of your favorites. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHy do you have to learn Romanian? Sounds pretty interesting :)
    I am always looking as well for new stuff to learn, I love taking online classes, where you get even a certificate afterwards ;)
    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting caught up with EH! I'm inspired now to finally getting caught up as well


    And good luck with your wishes this week as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest picture ever!!! And good luck on your goals......especially learning Romanian!!!! :) Hope you're having a great week! <3 BBBF

    ReplyDelete