9.29.2013

Sunshine Award!


Aimee at Dear Harper nominated me for the Sunshine Award! Which is really exciting because I'm pretty sure Aimee and I would be best friends if we ever met, even if she doesn't know it yet. She's such a sweetheart! 

The rules are:

  • Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you. 
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  • List 11 bloggers.
  • Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know they have been nominated.

Eleven Random Facts about Me


1.  When I was 13, my family moved to Germany, where we lived for 5 years in a teeny town called Großlangheim (yeah, I know, that eszett, what?! You say it like "ss" so the town was like "Gross"), which means Big Long Home. 
2. Don't let the five-year stint in Germany fool you; I'm pretty one lingual. BUT I am hoping to move to Latin America soon so I might get to change that to bi! (Is that two random facts? I'm counting it as one.)
3. I'm living with my parents at the moment and I'm pretty sure I've been here so long that my mother and I have begun sharing a brain. We think the same things at the same time. It's so scary. 
4. I think Hershey's Drops are better than a Hershey bar.. Even though I really recognize that they taste exactly the same. 
5. I'm addicted to the Game Show Network. I will watch literally any game show that is ever developed. My favorite is probably still Jeopardy! I think Alex Trebek would be an awesome best friend.
6. Leap Day is my favorite day of the year. My feeling is that since it only happens once every four years, I can use February 29 to do pretty much whatever I want to do. Last year I skipped my 1:30 p.m. class and went out for margaritas. Leap Day is the ultimate YOLO for me. 
7. I'm really bad at getting my hair cut.. I never know what to tell the person, so for the last few years I've been using the same stylist because she just GETS me. (And by that I mean, I say, I think I want it shorter but you're the expert so whatever you think please help me, and she makes my hair look good without asking too many questions I don't know the answers to.) But now she's gone and I really need a hair cut but I don't know what to do without her so I'm freaking out! 
8. I will watch anything The Rock is in. That's not to say that I have seen every movie he's been in, because I haven't, but.. I want to. I'm pretty much in love, and I can't wait to see him be Hercules. 
9. I just got that big tattoo on my leg and now I'm afraid to shave it, so I currently have 1.5 legs shaved.. 
10. I am 23 and pretty sure I still have about four years left on my Seventeen magazine subscription. Really don't know what happened there.
11. I never liked coffee until I went to Italy with my Italian Art course. We stayed at a family-run hotel and the little old lady made me a cappuccino, and that was that.  

Now Aimee's questions!


What is your biggest fear?
Starting off with a hard question, woo! I think my biggest fear right now is that I will never make any good friends again. I don't have any right now (I mean, I do, but none that are living near me)! I don't know how to make them! I've just started hanging out with someone from work and she is awesome but she is in her late 30s and I am in my early 20s, so we're at different stages. I'm afraid I won't make any when I move to another country, and then when I move back to the States it will be even worse. 
If you could change your name, would you? To what? 
I kind of tried to do this.. I used to go by Katie (and with some people, I still do) but I changed my preference to Cat because I thought it was A. Less common and B. Slightly more mature. I think if I changed it again I would go with my full name, Catherine. Might do that at some point anyway. I like my middle name too, and wouldn't mind being called Jane! When I was younger I thought Lola would be the best name to have, as in "she was a show girl." Don't know what I was thinking, really. 
If you had to dress in only one color for a month, which would you choose?
I have a LOT of turquoise/teal/aqua. It's my favorite color. So probably that. Or green! I love green too.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food! Or if we're being normal, mint chocolate chip.
If you won the lottery would you still want to work or would you quit your job?
I think that would be the perfect opportunity for me to try all the jobs I've ever wanted to! (Because in this alternate reality where I win the lottery, I think I can have multiple jobs without being a hassle to employers.) I do like mine, but it's not going to be anything permanent, so I don't know if I can fully answer this question. I think I would definitely work LESS.  
Books or movies? 
Books, of course! I can go a lot longer without seeing a movie than I can without reading a book, I think. Plus, so many more choices! And if the question is about the book vs. the movie, the book is usually always better. 
What is your biggest pet peeve? 
When people want me to turn right on red and I don't want to so they get mad. When people don't understand that my car from 1991 can't go as fast as their car that came off the line 5 minutes ago. When people text and drive. Basically anything car-related. I pretty much yell at everyone all the time when I drive. It's not usually very mean, but I do use the word "dumbhead" a lot. 
If you could live in another era in time, which would you choose? 
Whatever time involves going on a date with a different guy every weekend until one of them wants to pin you. (Only I would be in control, of course.) 
What is the farthest you've ever been from home? 
The first time I ever flew by myself, I went from Germany to Florida to visit some friends that had already moved back from Germany. It's weird when your first time alone is when you're crossing an ocean. Or when I went to Italy a few years ago while my parents lived in VA. I guess that's roughly the same distance from home. 
What was your favorite board game growing up? 
Uhhhhh, great question since I LOVE board games. Don't even have to think about this one; it's Mall Madness! Don't judge. "There's a clearance at the electronics store! There's a sale at the shoe store, and at.."
If you could go back to high school for one day, knowing what you know now, would you? 
I don't think I would. It's not that I didn't like high school. I did, most of the time. It's just that I don't really have the desire to go back, knowledge or not. It's probably better if you do it when you know less, anyway!

I am nominating: 
Stephanie at Meet With a Smile
Megan at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
Alex at Our Lives Are an Open Blog
Allie at Call Me Sassafras
Kayli at Kayli Wanders
Amber at Mr. Thomas and Me
Codi at The Art of Balance
Angela at The Clutter Box
Alyssa at Lyss & Loveliness
Casey at We Took the Road Less Traveled
Lena at This Lovely Little Day

Some of you will find it strange that I nominated you because you may not have ever heard from me! But I either like your blog or your tweets or your Instagram pictures or something or all of the above and I'd like to know more about you! My blogging friends are still few in number too so maybe I will make a few more with this, too :)

My questions are: 
What was your favorite movie when you were younger? Has it changed?
If you knew when you were going to die, what would be your last meal?
What's the best book you've read lately?
If you were a cupcake, what flavor would you be? Be creative :)
Do you have a mantra, or quote you love that you try to live by? If so, what is it?
If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what pair would it be?
Name the first three people on your invite list to a dinner with anyone - dead, alive, stranger, friend, movie star, whoever!
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
What song can't you stop playing right now?
Tell me one random fact that you know that it might be weird for you to know.
What's your favorite alcoholic drink? (Or your favorite non-alcoholic if you don't drink!)

I'm excited to see what everyone has to say! If you are too busy to participate or don't want to or think it's weird that some random blogger tagged you in something, totally okay! Just thought I'd throw some sunshine your way :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tag!!! I am so excited to answer your questions! I fail at random facts though!! Those are always hard for me to figure out!! I love your name. I have always been Angela. My uncle could call me Angie but in my entire life he's been the only person allowed that privileged! I should probably change that and be least picky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks! I'm working on this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! The random facts were hard for me too, but I bet you can think of some :)

    ReplyDelete