8.13.2013

The Great Manatee Search

(calmingmanatee.com)
Two days ago I was sitting on the couch, reading various blogs, and basically enjoying doing nothing. I read one that motivated me to search for my city on Twitter and found a tweet from a kid that said there was a manatee in the river here!

Now, for background to this story, you must know that I am obsessed with manatees. They are my favorite animal. I'm sure I've seen them before, at aquariums and maybe once when I was with friends in Florida (but that was long ago for my memory.. So I don't know if it's true or not.). So in my recent memory, I've never seen a manatee! But I want to. I don't especially like being in the water, because there are unknown things in there and also what if I drown. But I've been thinking it would be pretty ultimate to go swimming with manatees in Florida. This is a thing people can do.

Back to the story. I needed to go find this manatee. But neither car was at the house, so I had to wait for my dad to get home. He took us to the river in about three different places and we searched until it got dark, but found nothing.

I went from "my sister wants to video this excitement" excited to "where is my red velvet ice cream" sad.

We went searching again the next day but again didn't find the manatee.

ONE DAY!

One day I will see one. And we'll obviously become best friends.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! I love manatees too!!! So much in common. I did a report on them in elementary or middle school! Love those things! There was this site that I had favorited where you could watch the manatees Live at this manatee sanctuary! So sweet and they all have names and different personalities! I'll have to find the link and get for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, awesome indeed! The link would be cool too if you can find it!

    ReplyDelete