8.13.2013

Every Day



Today I spent a few hours finishing Every Day by David Levithan. He has been one of my favorite authors ever since I read The Realm of Possibility when I was probably 15 or 16, so whenever I see a new book of his at the library, I check it out. This was the best of his I've ever read, and the first one has remained on my list of favorite books for years, so that's saying something.

It was about a person who wakes up in a different body every day. This has been happening for this person's entire life, so it's pretty familiar and routine, until as Justin, he meets Rhiannon and finds in her a person he wants to share his time and secret with. You can imagine how difficult that would be if you change bodies every day.

The way the character interacts with other people when in the different bodies is fascinating.. I mean, if you were someone else for a day, you could do anything you wanted to without any consequences for you. The person you were that day would have to deal with it. Some people would use that to their advantage, but the protagonist always thinks about the consequences for the other person - that is, until Rhiannon.

I seriously couldn't put this down; I read almost 200 pages today to finish it, even though I wasn't even halfway done when I woke up this morning. It was just so good.

I give it five stars and would recommend it to just about anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment